Do you have a golf cart that you want to ship? Well though it might look pretty simple to carry, do not even try to ship it on your own, until and unless you are a professional. It is always best to get the help of golf cart shipping company when it comes to transporting your golf cart from one place to another.
Now there are a few things that you need to do if you are shipping your golf cart for the first time. Let us take a look at what these things are:
- Okay, so the first thing that you will have to do is go online and look for golf cart shipping companies and also compare the various golf cart shipping rates that you will get during your research. Compare the rates and the services and see which one is the most suitable one for you and take your pick based on that. Do not go for a service just because of low rates because they just might be offering lesser number of services.
- After you have arranged for a good shipping company to ship your golf cart, the next thing that you will have to do is prepare your cart for the transport. Wash it and clean it thoroughly and make sure that you take a note of all the scratches and dents that it might have now so that you can compare them once the cart reaches the destination to check for any damage. It is best if you take a picture of the cart after it has been washed.
- The next thing that you will need to do is make sure that get all the documents and papers of the golf cart ready because without proper papers no golf cart towing service should ideally ship your golf cart.
- In order to prepare the golf cart for transportation, make sure that the batteries of the cart have been properly disconnected and that there are no fluids in the cart which will only add to extra weight.
- And finally when you load the cart, make sure that you fix it nicely with some packing nylon strings in the truck so that the cart remains in place. The more your cart moves, the more it is prone to damage and hence it is best advised to firmly secure your golf cart.
Follow these steps and you will surely have a smooth time transporting your golf cart from one place to another.